Wednesday, July 7, 2004

things are looking up

The doorbell rang a few minutes ago, and I thought to myself, "Who's here at this time of evening."  I've already gotten comfortable for the evening (that means I've taken off my bra, mainly) and don't feel particulaly in the mood for company.  I went to the back door to see my daughter and her three kids, who started singing, "Happy Birthday to You".  They handed me cards and presented me with my favorite chocolates... Russell Stover.  Everybody needs a daughter!  Oh, and a few grandkids, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everybody needs a great mom, too.  I have one better than any I've heard of.  Everyone has horror stories, complaints, or at least little complaints about their parents.  Mine are as close to perfect as any in the world.  I love ya, mom!