Friday, July 16, 2004

home from shopping

We got lots of shopping done today:  We went to Lowe's to get new faucets for the kitchen and bathroom... our hard water is tough on fixtures... oh, and I bought the tickets for the girls and me to have unlimited rides, one day of the State Fair; then to Kohls so I could browse the bargain racks a bit; on to Sam's Club, and finally to Wal Mart.  As we left Sam's parking lot we saw a man selling corn on the cob, $4 a dozen.  That's a little high, but it was just picked this morning, and was our favorite variety... Peaches-and-Cream.  I bought some nice cantaloupe at Sam's, too.  And finally we are eating tomatoes every day.  I fixed dinner as soon as we were home... a baked potato, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and (get this) one of my Nathan's hot dogs, cut in half.  As we ate, Cliff and I got into a discussion about the proper way to eat corn on the cob:  he eats in rows, from end to end, and I eat around the cob.  He says my method is messy.  I find no problem with it... what's the big deal about a little mess?

I did not get to ride this morning because more storms came through.  We got exactly an inch, but only twenty miles away, some folks got 4 inches.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Peaches and cream corn. I grow Silver Queen. OPut up or eatten the same day there is no loss of sweetness. We have hard water too. it just eats up the faucets! Not only that it eats the seal away from around the drain. I eat my corn both ways.

Anonymous said...

I eat my corn your way mostly.  So what if it's messy.  That's why God made cob on the corn.  To get the goop on yer face and grinnnnn......   :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I eat it your way. Paula