Thursday, March 20, 2008

I feel a motorcycle ride coming on

Since I didn't wake up when Cliff got home from work at 1 A.M., I don't know if he's still following through on taking a vacation day; yesterday as he was leaving for work, he mentioned he might do that

See, the trouble with motorcycle riding on work days this time of year is that it really doesn't warm up suitably until about noon.  And Cliff has to leave for work at 2:30.  So in order to get much of a ride in, he has to take a day off work.  I see the high is forecast to be around sixty, which is pushing the limits of comfort just a little; trust me, if we ride, I'll be wearing many layers of clothing.

I've hesitated to mention this, since I'm afraid I'll jinx the two of us:  But this is the first winter in my memory when neither Cliff or I had a single cold.  Not so much as a sniffle.


Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy people do no get sick as often as unhappy people!  

Anonymous said...

OH man you are very lucky to not get a cold...you guys must really wash those hands alot!  We got one this year...not to bad but the one I have now is a killer!  NON stop coughing!  ALL NIGHT!    Enjoy your day of riding :)  Hope he decides to take the day off.  

Anonymous said...

Hope you get that ride in today. I keep being afraid but Ken nor I have had any kind of cold either except for my sinus/allergy thing, of course I have that most of the time anyway. Helen

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your ride!  You & Cliff are doing something right if you two haven't even had a cold.  What's the secret?

Hollie