Tuesday, March 18, 2008

thoughts on moving

So far, it looks like all this was meant to be.  The oldest of Cliff’s two sisters lives in Wisconsin; she’s getting a divorce and wants to move back to this area.  She’d like to rent a place until she can find a job and find a home to buy.

When Cliff and I move out back to our mobile home, we need somebody living in our old house.

It looks like that will work out for everyone.  Once Rena moves on and buys a place, we’ll probably rent the house out.  The grandson might even be interested, once his current one-year lease is done.

I have desired for so long to live away from this dusty gravel road, someplace where I have a view of something other than all the neighbors’ junk.

My dream might be about to come true.

I need air conditioning in my older age.  It appears that may happen.  Cliff would like to have a shop just like the one we had custom-made for him nine years ago.        

Sometimes the answer to a person’s prayers lies right under her nose.  We shall see.    

I have an idea that my cabin won’t get much use once we’re in our new home in the middle of the pasture, because most of the things I was seeking  back there in the woods will be mine every day, right at home.

With one exception: My dog won’t be able to sleep with me.  So maybe I WILL need my cabin once a month or so.

Before all this came about, we were thinking of selling this place and buying another property with a better house but fewer acres.

Only I insisted that I had to keep my horse, Blue.

And we agreed that we needed to stay in this school district, because we still have two granddaughters who need us sometimes.

Do you know how few places exist that are like that?

So hopefully, this adventure we’re undertaking will meet the needs of many people.  Please God, let it be.

And I'll finally have my air conditioning and my softer water and an adequate electrical system.  And a view.  And two bathrooms and two extra bedrooms.  Could it really be true?

WHEN MY MORNIN' COMES AROUND (Iris DeMent)
(c) 1996 Songs of Iris ASCAP

When my mornin' comes around, no one else will be there
so I won't have to worry about what I'm supposed to say
and I alone will know that I climbed that great big mountain
and that's all that will matter when my mornin' comes around

When my mornin' comes around, I will look back on this valley
at these sidewalks and alleys where I lingered for so long
and this place where I now live will burn to ash and cinder
like some ghost I won't remember
When my mornin' comes around

When my mornin' comes around, from a new cup I'll be drinking
and for once I won't be thinking that there's something wrong with me
and I'll wake up and find that my faults have been forgiven
and that's when I'll start living
When my mornin' comes around




----------------
Now playing: Iris DeMent - Quality Time
via FoxyTunes   

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful.....you get to keep all the good things and loose the bad.  You'll still be "home" and with all new surroundings.  How much better could it get?  

Anonymous said...

It does sound like it was all meant to be.  I know you'll love a/c in the summertime.  Extremes of either kind- cold or hot are hard for me to take too.
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Boy!  This really sounds like it is all coming together for you.  I am very happy for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Oh wow....looks like things are shaking there with the move then....Exciting huh?
Sonya

Anonymous said...

It's happening girl!  You deserve it all and I am thrilled we get to be on this journey with you and Cliff!

Anonymous said...

it sounds like it is all coming together perfectly for you!

you are going to LOVE central AC

Anonymous said...

Boy, when you set out on a mission, you mean business.  It's becoming a reality.  You and Cliff deserve the best.  It's really a win win situation.  Vicki

Anonymous said...

And 3 nice closets. You forgot about that.

I'm hoping for all the best in this endeavor. I know your excided and i'm excided for you guys,

Take care  :-)

Anonymous said...

It's looking really good for you to get what you dreamed of!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hope it works out for you. YES you DO NEED AC!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

One of the main reasons for this move must be the air conditioning. Not to be cooler but to escape our horrible humidity in the summer. I learned when my husband had his bypass that the humidity caused extra strain on his heart so I am glad Cliff will have that, (Along with you!)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Gosh I haven't been here in a long while. One day I tried and journals were unavailable. So happy for you and Cliff. Paula