Wednesday, March 26, 2008

crazy dreams

I usually turn in for the night at 9 or 10 P.M.  Since Cliff works nights, I have the bedroom to myself for the first part of the night.  I like to think I go to sleep better if the television is on, so I turn it on and set the timer for it to turn off in an hour.  I'm seldom awake for more than five minutes, so don't ask me why I don't just set the timer for 1/2 hour.

For the first two or three hours of the night, dynamite wouldn't awaken me. When Cliff gets home from work at 1 A.M. and crawls in bed, I am usually completely unaware of his arrival.

From two o'clock on, however, I sleep fitfully and lightly.  I force myself to stay in bed until at least four, and sometimes I doze, off and on.  This morning, I dreamed.

It seems I was at a family reunion.  There were several children there.  In the dream I seemed to know them, but upon waking, none of them seemed familiar.  I only recognized one person there:  My mom.  She was seated, and two blond toddlers were hugging her as they were leaving.

I was at this reunion, and I was trying to take pictures for my journal.  Yep, even in my dreams I was thinking about my AOL journal.  How messed up is that?  Trouble is, nobody would stand still for me to take a picture.  As I'd start to snap a picture, they'd turn their heads or totally turn their backs to me.  So now you know we can't take photographs in our dreams.  I've tried.

Somehow in the dream the oldest grandson moved back into my house, too.  And put a television in my tiny bathroom, and had his stuff all over my house until I could hardly get through.

Anybody want to psychoanalyze me or interpret my dreams?  Have at it!

Personally, I think the dreams are simply caused by the stress of Pioneer Woman's blog being down for two days.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have weird dreams all the time. Some good and some not so good. Sorry I can't interpret any of them. Helen

Anonymous said...

I don't know either!  I might dream once a year.  Maybe something you ate had you unsettled.

Anonymous said...

Weird how life happenings manifest themselves in our dreams.   Maybe you miss the oldest grandson?  As to the rest, I won't even guess ... but I'm not going to take my camera with me for dreaming anymore.

I have strange dreams ... often ... pretty much every night.  Some days I wake up tired from running.  And you should see the bed!  lol

Anonymous said...

  DREAMS ... sometimes I have those sort of dreams where it is obviously a PRODUCTION.  These are a real chore; I try to wake up just to get out of there.  It is like a stage play or a book.
   LOVE YOUR ENTRIES; I have such a sloooooooooow connection that it is a real turn-off to do much surfing ... and ... commenting.
LOIS

Anonymous said...

Hi....I dream all the time....mostly they don't bother me except for the ones where I dream of the dead....they bother me alot....but I don't dwell on it...!!!  I will make a stab at your dream of grandson...you miss having him around....that is what I think anyway....but like you...are happy he is making his own way...that is healthy for him....but you miss him!!!  hugs from KY....Ora

Anonymous said...

My mother would say you were seeing future grand or great-grand children. LOL

Anonymous said...

MOSIE..MAYBE YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THE GRANDSON COMING ABCK AND STAYING IN THE HOUSE....AS FAR AS YOUR MOM....SOME PEOPLE SAY TO DREAM ABOUT THE DEAD MEANS BAD WEATHER...BUT THEN AGAIN, I AM CONSTANTLY DREAMING OF DANNY.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I lost my mom in October and at least twice a week I dream the same dream about her. Freaks me out every time.  I check Pioneer Woman's blog several times a day to see if it's back. I thought it was just fine the way it was!

Anonymous said...

I know if I start dreaming about toilets I better wake up soon!  Linda

Anonymous said...

a flat screen TV in the bathroom.....it could work!  LOL  (one of my old neighbors did that.....but as far as I'm concerned, I don't think I spend that much time in the bathroom to warrant a TV....hee hee hee...)

~Amy