Cliff and I are in sort of a "spring slump". Cliff blames the weather. We get one or two really spring-like days, then it's back to cold, windy, wintry weather. Of course, it doesn't help that we're waiting for things to happen so we can move forward on our home purchase. Right now, everything is in limbo. We should know something this week.
Magran asked if we will use our well water in the mobile home. No, I've had it with coffee pots and fixtures being ruined and floors being stained blue by hard water. We'll pay the $2,060 to have a meter put in, plus the cost of running a line from the meter to the home. Then we'll have a monthly water bill. It's a costly move, but I've lived with hard water and everything it involves for most of my married life, and it's one of the things I'd like to change. That is, if we have enough funds. That's the problem right now, we don't know how much money we'll have to work with.
About this old house: Cliff's sister is excited that she'll have a place to stay while she looks for employment; once she finds a job and knows she's going to stay with it, she'll shop for a home in that area. She knows about most of the flaws of this house; since she'll only be here temporarily, I imagine she can put up with it. We won't necessarily make her pay rent. It'll just be nice to have somebody here while we figure out what we're going to do next with the place, as long as she takes care of the electricity and propane.
For those who think there might be a problem with letting a relative live here, put it from your mind. Rena is self-sufficient and a hard worker; she isn't going to lay around and sponge off us. She'd be bored silly not working. She'll probably have this place cleaner than it's been in years. Seriously!
Personally, I'd like it if our present renters moved here eventually. Then we could tear down the unsightly trailer house where they're living now and they'd have more room. That's a thought we might pursue once Rena moves on.