Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just a quick answer

I've had several people ask whether the recent Missouri flooding is affecting us:  Thank the good Lord, the answer is a resounding "no"!  Cliff's brother in Independence, Kansas, and his sister in St. Louis, are about to wash away.  But that excessive rain went south and east of Kansas City, so we're fine.

When it does flood locally, our house is high on a river bluff overlooking the Missouri River.  In order to flood our home, there'd have to be a flood of biblical proportions, as in the days of Noah.  The worst thing that can happen to us is that we might get caught out in the car and all access to home is blocked by water over the roads.  This happened once, during the flood of '93.

If you weren't a reader last May, go back HERE and HERE to see flooding a couple of miles from us, and read other entries from around that time.

I'm really hoping we don't have too much wet weather here, since our mobile home can't be moved until things are dry.  But I realize it isn't "all about me"; farmers need rain.

Tags:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered about you and Cliff when I read that also. Glad that you clairified things up. Hope you can get that home moved soon. Helen

Anonymous said...

I was just watching the news last night and seen all the flooding going on in your area!  Man I'm glad you guys are not being affected!  That would just suck since I'm sure most don't have flood insurance!  

Anonymous said...

I hope you can move your new home in soon - waiting is frustrating!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

  THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.  When I've been hearing of all the flooding ... I immediately thought of you & was Wondering!  Take care on the roads.
LOIS

Anonymous said...

I knew your house is "high" but I had been concerned anyway.  Glad you cleared that up!