Sunday, March 9, 2008

Where's my refund

In the old days before the Internet kept us so aware, our income tax refund dropped right out of the sky, a wonderful surprise.  That's when we usually went out and bought jeans and overalls that would keep us clothed for the next year.  For some reason, that check always seemed to show up in our mailbox on a Saturday and made it a weekend of rejoicing.

In some recent years I've filed online, and then we received our refund in the form of a direct deposit.

This year, though, we went to the old tax man.  The good news was that we were getting a sizable federal refund.  The bad news was that we had to pay about a third of it to the state.  Still, that left us plenty of extra funds to use for our vacation.

Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I went to this site and learned that our check was sent last Wednesday.  Wooo hooo!!!!  Even though we had no plans to spend any of it just now, other than to pay the state of Missouri what we owe them, it's always exciting to get money.

But this is Sunday, and we haven't gotten it yet.  How many days does it take mail to get from Kansas City (I think that's where our check comes from) to our house?

This is where ignorance would be bliss.  Because if I hadn't known when the check was mailed, I wouldn't be concerned.

No, I'm not losing sleep over this.  I expect the check is bouncing around somewhere in the system, or perhaps caught in some conveyor belt at the post office.  If it should happen not to show up, I can report it after April 2.

I simply wish I had not known when the check was mailed.  That's all.

And this post should let you know how few things of interest are going on to blog about.  Well, except for the grandson getting ready to move out.

Oh, that rebate schedule I shared in this blog recently?  It was wrong.  I had a feeling at the time it was.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll get there...you just watch!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I always get my refund direct deposited and it was last week...I called the bank just to make sure.  When I used to have it mailed, it always came on Monday's .  Hope yours will be there tomorrow.  Have a great Sunday.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I know you'll be lost without Arick until you get used to it again.  He really seems like a fine young man.  I'm so glad that things are going better for him now though.


Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hope you check comes soon. Ya'll are sure gonna miss Arick. Helen

Anonymous said...

Ours showed up in our bank account on Friday.  Hope you get yours soon.
Lori

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...Aricks' truck!!!  LOL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your grandson on his townhouse!  Sounds wonderful!  I don't check where my taxes are either for that very same reason!  i just would rather not know!  lol

Anonymous said...

Hm, I didn't do my taxes yet but I was rather hoping it would hit my account in a week like it did last year.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

If you used to get them on Saturday that is when you will get it. Each area is delivered the same day every year. We always got ours on Sat. It is the most popular day. Lets them hold on to our money for a couple more days. It is usually deposited in bank on Friday afternon.