Cliff will be taking Monica, Natalie, and me to Sedalia as soon as we can all get around on Thursday morning, August 10. It takes about an hour and a half to get there, and Cliff intends to be back in plenty of time to leave for work at 2:30. He'll set up the camper for us, and bid us goodbye.
The girls and I will head straight for the fairgrounds, because it's dollar day... $1 admission to the grounds, and corn dogs, Cokes, and other goodies for a buck... all day long! No cooking for me, that day. That night, the grandstand entertainment is only $5, and it's Sawyer Brown. They're a has-been country act that puts on a great show. Monica and I enjoyed them two years ago... or was it three?
I'll buy the $20 unlimited rides wristband at Lowes this week, and Friday will be ride day, as always. I should probably just save the $20 I pay for mine, because I do more watching than riding, these days.
Below, you can see all the free stuff we'll be doing; click on the links if you want to see more about them. Plus the petting zoo and so many fun things. Yes, we've done a lot of these things before. But it's always great fun!
• CHEF LANDRY’S COMEDY COOKING SHOW, sponsored by Royal Prestige - Aug. 10-20. Great cajun food peppered with the Landry brand of humor. 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the Mo-Ag Theatre; 1 p.m. in Home Economics Bldg.
• CONSUMER SHOWCASE, sponsored by Cookbook Publishers - Aug. 10-20. Home Economics Building. Continuous demonstrations 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Features Chef Landry’s Comedy Cooking Show daily at 1 p.m.
• GRIZZLY FALLS BEAR SHOW, sponsored by Westlake Ace Hardware - Aug. 10-20. Machinery Grounds. Show and exhibit promoting the preservation of bears. Water falls and beautiful scenery allow the bears to enjoy a wonderful playtime during the day. Shows at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. daily.
• KACHUNGA & THE ALLIGATOR - Aug 10-20. See Kachunga wrestle live alligators at 1 p.m., 4:30 p.m., and 7 p.m. daily.
• MOVIE MAGIC: The Science Behind the Movies, sponsored by I-Land Internet Services - Aug. 10-20. Presented by Mad Science... Imagine starring in "Legally Blonde," "Agent Cody Banks," "Pink Panther," or "Rocky!" Enjoy action-packed scenes with state of the art effects! 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. daily in the Funshine Buildin
• MR. PEDDLESWORTH - Aug. 10-14. If this guy (a former Ringling Brothers clown) makes it down the street without his bike falling apart, it will be a miracle! Check out his trick bikes and bike tricks as he makes his way around the fairgrounds.
• PIG RACES, sponsored by Missouri Enterprise - August 10-20. Daily races at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m., and 8 p.m., just north of the Coliseum.
• PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, sponsored by Toyota. A thrilling spectacle and unforgettable High Dive show. Machinery Grounds, 12 Noon, 3:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. with an additional 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
• PROCRASTINATORS, sponsored by Ditzfeld Transfer - Aug. 10-20. Experience fast and furious rhythmic fun when 3 outrageous drummers turn five-gallon water bottles, barstools, and pots & pans into musical instruments while jumping, sliding, twisting & stomping!
• PROFESSOR FARQUAR - Aug. 10-20. Gather ‘round, as "the greatest one-man show west of the Mississippi" sets entertainment back more than a hundred years to the days of the old-time medicine show... with copious amounts of laughter, the best medicine of all! See the professor strolling through the fairgrounds or daily in the Mo-Ag Theatre.
• 2nd GENERATION, Southern Gospel Singing - Aug. 12, at 12 Noon and 3:30 p.m. and Aug. 16 at 12 Noon and 4 p.m. Touchstone Energy Stage.
• SHOW ME MISSOURI FISH - Aug. 10-20. Live demonstrations at 1, 4 & 6 p.m.
• SHOWBOAT MARIONETTES, sponsored by McDonald’s - Aug. 10-20. It’s a boatload of laughs for this "puppet spectacular" from the decks of their own Paddlewheel River Showboat stage. 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:30 p.m.