Friday, July 28, 2006

Where's Cliff? (also, an abundance of peaches)

Ninety-five degrees, and Sadie and I had to go check on Cliff.  You just never know what sort of trouble he might be into with that tractor.

This morning while walking, Cliff and I found a beautiful cobweb.  There was dew sparkling on it in the morning sun, and I intended to return with my camera.  However, I forgot about it for a couple of hours, and by then it was just an ordinary cobweb.  Down in the holler awhile ago, I broke through many cobwebs, and have found two spiders crawling around on me since returning to the house.  Ewwwww.

I think I have about twenty quarts of peaches in the freezer.  Don't even ask how many I've been eating fresh every day lately.  They are SO good.  I have to watch for worms, since we didn't spray.  And some of them are bird-pecked.  None of that is a problem to me.  I'll share with the critters.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cobwebs sparkling with dew; that's one thing we didn't see a lot of in Montana but do in So. California. Those peaches look mighty delicious :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Pretty hot for Cliff to be out working. Those peaches are really pretty. I love to take frozen ones and pour milk over them then separate them a bit and instant ice cream. I think spider webs with the dew on them are beautiful. Helen

Anonymous said...

yummy peaches!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love peaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I had some of those!!!
Ya'll take care in this heat!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

You all are always busy at something.  Peaches fresh from the freezer will taste sooo good come the middle of winter.  It's only in the mid 80's here today and I feel guilty thinking I'm in the a/c while you all are working hard in much more heat .  I bought 2 peaches at the farmers market on the way home from work.  Any more than that would go to waste here.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I love fresh peaches, very good in a pie.

Anonymous said...

Fresh peaches sounds wonderful!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Can you email peaches???

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh...I got me some peaches the other day...they were sooooooooooooo good....when we were little , we had our own peach trees too.
Glad you found Cliff...Mosie  you watch out for snakes too!
love ya,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

if I saw spiders crawling on me. I would hit the roof and scream so loud. I'm such a wimp with bugs.  Those peaches sound great.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so glad you don't spray (or didn't spray) your peaches!  

Anonymous said...

I love peaches!  Can't ever have enough.  
Love the haint too.  They call them that here in TN too.  Didn't know others use that term.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Wow, real peaches from trees!  We are apple country up here!  Linda

Anonymous said...

two years ago we picked a bunch of peaches
off of a neighbor's five trees
made peach jam :)

Anonymous said...

Those peaches look great!  What's a "Haint"?
Pam

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and love peaches!!!  Yummmmmm!   I don't buy them though, because they cost a fortune!  I will enjoy them vicariously through you!! lol

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I hate walking through cobwebs!!!!!! I love peaches to!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)