Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's HOT again!

It's difficult to come up with a journal entry when you're not doing much of anything.  Cliff and I tried a motorcycle ride Tuesday, but the heat made it miserable.  It's too hot to ride the horse, even early in the day.  And it's too hot to spend a night in the cabin.

What's left to write about?

The days haven't been totally wasted, since my peach tree has been producing lots of juicy peaches.  I've been peeling them and putting them in freezer bags in the deep freeze.  We eat peaches in our morning cereal, and usually have two or three during the day as snacks. 

I'm making plans for the Missouri State Fair again, with the two granddaughters.  Originally, we thought Cliff was still going to be off work for the fair, and he and I were going to camp there without the girls.  Now, it's back to just us ladies.  Cliff doesn't enjoy camping OR the fair enough to use vacation days for it, and, truth be told, I imagine us girls will have more fun on our own.  I do hope the temperatures stay out of the triple digits by then... we're to be in the 90's for the next several days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum peaches!! Nothing better than home grown peaches and peach pie :)

betty

Anonymous said...

You need a shade tree and a backyard pool, even if it is of the Mr. Turtle variety.

Anonymous said...

It's sad but true, sometimes husbands cramp our style as we do thiers.  I'm not really into looking at all that equipment, antique tools or cow poop in the livestock barns.  He doesn't care for the flowers, quilts and craft displays.

Anonymous said...

I ahve given up on peaches from my trees. Every year same thing.... blooms, peaches then they freeze.