Monday, July 31, 2006

Cliff is back to work

I feel just like I did when I sent my kids off to their first day of school, sending my husband off to work.  I got used to having Cliff around all day.  Oh, he wasn't under foot; once he started feeling up to it, he found something outside or in the shop or barn to work on.  But all I had to do was go outside and hunt him up.

I'm not concerned about his health, returning to work.  It's terribly hot there, but he's used to that at home.  He actually seems to have more stamina and energy than he's had in five years, since he's recovered from surgery.

It just feels strange to be here alone.  Cliff had gotten in the habit of coming inside at six PM to watch CSI with me, so he could make fun of "squirrel-ears" Grissom, and point out how bow-legged he is.

Next week the granddaughters will be here, and things will have a more normal feel. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoping he has a great first day back to work :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I hope he had a good first day back!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

BRAVO !!  Good for Cliff ! We thank God that he is able to return to work and pray the God watch over him through his work day activities. We'll be praying for you too Donna, that you be protected and not feel so lonely now that your man is not around so much. Love ya gal !  Nance

Anonymous said...

Glad Cliff is doing so well. Paula

Anonymous said...

Doesn't time fly when you're busy?  Seems only yesterday we heard the disturbing news.  Now he is all better and off to work.  You're right he probably does have more stamina with his heart not being deprived of oxygen as it was then.

Anonymous said...

I can understand how you felt Mosie...but like you say...the grands will be with you soon...and life will feel a bit more "normal"....however that feels...LOL..Hugs from KY..Ora

Anonymous said...

yep I love my hubby around also...we just fit together..like a right and left arm..we really dont bother each other but without each other we just dont work well HA!
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

I feel like that too, right now.  I'm so used to going to work evrey night, and now I'm home.. alone.  It's driving me crazy!  
In your case, it's just a matter of getting back to normal.  I'm just thankful that Cliff is able to get back to work, and that now you BOTH can resume normal activities! :)

BTW.. Loved the poem you sent today.  Said a whole lot about how your feeling in regards to having Cliff home with you these last few months and being able to spend more quality time with him!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Wow... it seems like just yesterday Cliff was in the hospital. That is great he has recovered so well. You know, we keep our airconditioning set at 77 or 80 degrees during the day. Since both G and I are in and out working it seems like the heat bothers you less if the difference is 15 degrees as opposed to 25!

Anonymous said...

how wonderful that he went back to work. I know  your going to miss him. But I'm sure he's happy. Cliff is a guy you can't keep down for long. Enjoy the granddaughters next week.

Anonymous said...

Things are getting back to normal again, Mosie!
love ya,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

It's nice to get back to normal sometimes !  Have a good day !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I know you will be missing him now. Amazing at how easy it is to get used to him being there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Cliff on his return to work!  And well, Mosie, you'll fall back into routine soon enough!