Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Just checking in from Salida

I'm making an entry while I have Internet access, because I expect we'll camp tonight... perhaps near Black Canyon of the Gunnison.  Unless storms threaten, because Cliff and I don't do tents in the rain very well.

Yesterday we took a jeep tour from Salida; we'd done it several years ago, and enjoyed it, so Cliff suggested we do it again.  Only in a jeep can you get to those breathtaking views in the Rockies.  But only in a jeep can you jar your bones and rattle your teeth to the extreme, as we did yesterday, also.  I must say Cliff and I took it with less complaining than the two teens in the family who went with us, though.  In one day, we experienced heat, cold, rain, sunshine, and hail... enough hail to turn the ground rather white, at the top of the mountains.  I'll have pictures to share when I'm at home.

I just hope I don't meet up with any bears tonight.  Wish me luck.

Oh, a message to relatives who might call Cliff's cell phone:  He swears he packed his phone charger, but we can't find it anywhere.  And we haven't been able to find a mobile charger that works for his phone.  So, if you can't reach his cell, it's probably dead.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds wonderful! I'm glad you are enjoying the trip !  Hope the weather continues to be bright and no rain for your campout !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Have fun and I hope you don't meet any bears either!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Jeep tour sounds exciting as does camping with the bears.  Have fun.  OOOOOK....I will pray for NO BEARS.  LOL.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your tent camping and hopefully with no bears around anywhere. Sounds as if you are having a good time jeep tour and all. Helen

Anonymous said...

Wishing you no bear encounters!!!!!

Anonymous said...

the jeep trip sounded like fun; reminded me of the time we went white water rafting and experienced about the same weather conditions you did in a two hour trip. That was the only time we ever went white water rafting.

enjoy your trip!

betty

Anonymous said...

Have a great time friend! Tammy http://journals.aol.com/memes121/AsIAM/#Entry703

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there with you guys!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

praying the bears stay away!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mother, in case you read this.  Monday=1" of rain.  Tuesday evening=1/2" of rain.  Today, 4 drops fell from the guage.  Better than a poke in the eye with a stick, eh?

Anonymous said...

If I saw a bear I would s#$t in my pants, LOL. Sounds like your having fun.

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU TRIED WALMART???THEY HAVE THESE NEW THIGS THAT WILL TURN A MOBILE CHARGER INTO AN ELECTRIC ONE AND I THINK THEY HAVE THE OTHER TOO.
YOU WATCH OUT FOR BEARS AND WIERDO'S!!!
LOVE YA AND TAKE CARE,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I think I saw on a Discovery Channel show about what to do when you encounter a bear.  Sure wish I could remember the advice.  Be careful!!

R

Anonymous said...

Cliff and Mo, Glad  you could make the trip. Was at moms on the 8th, rained all day long and into the night. Those jeep rides are wonderful, when we lived up there it was an every Sat. event, just to get some family time away from thephone!!!

ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!!!!
Bernie