Saturday, July 22, 2006

On the road again...

It was an absolutely perfect day for a motorcycle ride, and we enjoyed it to the fullest.  Pat and Charlene were here on their Harley when we got back from our morning walk, and as soon as we showered and packed a lunch, we were on our way.

We went to Arrow Rock; all my life I'd read about it, and it isn't even that far away.  What a fascinating piece of history it is.  Cliff and I will return, for sure, on the motorcycle, of course.

Then we went to Rocheport; Pat and Charlene had told us the Les Bourgeois Winery and Vineyards had a wonderful picnic spot overlooking the Missouri River, and that's where we ate our sandwiches.

That was followed by a stop at the Katy Trail; this used to be railroad track, but now it's a bicycle trail that runs the width of Missouri.

I'd tell you the other towns we traveled through, but I don't remember their names.  Except for Waverly, with which we're well familiar because we go there for apples in the fall.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day you had!  I can get lost in small town shops like those!  I love em.  Pat looks like a real character!  My Michael is a Mason so he would love to see an old lodge like that one.

Thanks for sharing the pics...you and Cliff both look soooo good!   I guess it was too hot to wear your leathers eh?

Robin

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two/four had an A-OKAY day.
Wow! I enjoyed the pictures. Many thanks, for the trip.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a beautiful day there .  I rained here most of the day.  This evening it has cooled off and the stars are starting to peak through. Hopefully it'll be a nice Sunday.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

looks like a delightful day you had! I love to explore things like this; glad you all had a great time.

betty

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having a blast.  I can think of nobody else in the world who deserves to be happier!!

Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh some of those buildings looked like a street in St. Charles - also on the Missouri River.  We got Katy a t-shirt that says "Katy Trail".  We got a Large b/c that was all they had and she wears it a lot.  I think we were up that way about 6 years ago.  We loved it.  May go back one day.  We did St. Louis and had a day trip to St. Charles.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

You have such freedom...and I am so jealous.  If it were not for you I'd never get to go motoycycle riding, although my husband is always saying "someday".

Anonymous said...

DIDN'T YALL HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SKY FOR THAT RIDE??? SO BLUE AND THOSE BIG WHITE PUFFY CLOUDS...BEAUTIFUL! WOULDN'T YOU HAVE HATED TO HAVE BEEN LOCKED UP IN THAT ONE MAN JAIL.ESPECIALLY IN THE SUMMERTIME!
GLAD YOU ARE STILL HAVING FUN!
LOVE YA MOSIE,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

great pictures and it sounds like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Once again, I joined you on your journey through your wonderful photography.

YOU get 5 stars.  :o)

Anonymous said...

What a great ride!