Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Why I get so many hits on my journal

My friend from Kentucky, Ora, asked how I get so many hits on my journal.  I sent her an e-mail telling what I think is my secret, and then realized some of you might want to know, too.

1.  Join in the Monday Photo Shoots and Weekend Assignments, over at John Scalzi's blog.  He works for AOL, and lots of times AOL features the folks who play his games; if you're featured, you'll get new visitors.

2.  Make lots of entries.  People who have you on alert will usually come back to read each entry you make.

3.  Visit other people's journals, comment, and leave the link to your journal.  They'll probably check you out, and if they like your journal, they'll be back.

I'm sure there are other things, but these are the ones I've learned.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I started out that way!!! It is fun!! But at the same time it can be so hard to keep up with other alerts that you put on your list!!!! It may take me a while but I try and visit everyone on my list!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

HEY MOSIE....
IT ALSO HELPS FOR FOLKS TO LIKE YOU....LIKE I DO YOU!!!!! LOL
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you.  I think it is awesome that you have a tomato fairy and love Cliffs fake yawn.  LOL.

Anonymous said...

   I like this entry.  I keep scolding myself to make many smaller entries than one humungus one ....
   Reading your past entries (I'm behind on my surfing) ... I liked especially the one about your motorcycle trip ... & viewed all 29 pictures.

LOIS

Anonymous said...

Good suggestions.  I finally got you your very own spot in my Other Journals.  I used to link to you from Dock Lines, GaBoartman's journal -- because he has a huge library of journal links.    Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

good suggestions; I'm with Carlene too, people have to like you to keep coming back. I took the chicken's way out; I got rid of my counter; didn't want to know how many people were coming by especially when it kept getting reset by AOL.

I don't keep too many journals on alerts though; I don't like to come to the computer and find a lot of emails; my Type A personality then kicks in and I feel I have to rush through them. So I have all the journals I want to follow in my favorites and just click through them as I have time. Less stress and more enjoyable for me.

I'll go and visit Ora so she can have another click on her counter.

betty

Anonymous said...

Think you are right on, Mosie!! rich

Anonymous said...

All these things are helpful but I think the REAL reason people read your journal is because you are living the "dream" life.  I know I dream of living in the country with all the open space.  

Anonymous said...

Mag is right that your blog is absolutely dripping with country life. It's a big part of the charm the blog holds. I live in a village with 2000 people, and I'm like "Damn... Mosie is country."