Tuesday, July 25, 2006

He survived.

Cliff said he's had enough mowing for today; his neck gets stiff from turning to look behind him.  He headed out to do some more odd jobs, and I asked if he was going to be doing something dangerous, so I'd know whether to check on him.  Nope, he said, he's just moving some lumber around.  That man never quits. But he's happy when he's busy, so more power to him.  Of course, he's racing now to get everything done that needs doing, because of starting back to work next Monday.

I'm praying for rain; it's rather scary to see the pasture so dry and dead-looking.

Oh, about the tomato fairy mentioned in the previous entry... I've been told next-door neighbor Marvin's wife is the one leaving them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess cliff is just ahppy when he is working, huh?
Becky

Anonymous said...

You will always worry about that man.
So glad you had that time in the cabin with Sadie. I would say that you needed it!

Anonymous said...

so nice to get fresh tomatoes :)

Glad Cliff was done mowing and moved on to something less dangerous.

hope you get some rain; seems to be dry all over the place

betty

Anonymous said...

I love it that you have a 'tomato' fairy!  We haven't got any fresh ripe ones yet, but soon !  'On Ya ' - ma

Anonymous said...

home grown tomatoes are great, how sweet of your neighbor. I am happy Cliff did ok with the mowing. At least you didn't have to check on him anymore. Well, I hope you get some rain.

Anonymous said...

Men rule. I'd consider any application of "working with lumber" to be dangerous.... even if there were no saws, and the only danger is of some lumber maybe falling on my toe. Cliff's probably using a chain saw, but there's no danger in it as far as he's concerned.