Tuesday, July 4, 2006

So, where have I been?

This is the longest I've gone without posting for ages, and I've been right here at home with no real excuse not to make an entry.  I have a lovely granddaughter visiting, and my other grandchildren are around a lot:  so there's every opportunity for pictures.  After all, I only see Lyndsay once a year.

But I've been busy wilting.

Remember, we only have air conditioning in our bedroom (our own choice... I'm not looking for sympathy).  Yesterday our thermometer registered 100 degrees ouside.  And, since my son is visiting, I've been cooking and baking a lot.  Take a 100-degree day and turn on an oven and a couple of burners inside, and what do you get?  Wilted Mosie!  And, with all that cooking, I've washed a ton of dishes (no dishwasher, either).  So my knee has been giving me fits, from standing at the sink for hours.

Today we'll have relatives here for a barbecue; my son-in-law, Kevin, will be the chef; the potato salad is already made.  The forecast is for a cooler day, and it's raining outside as I type this.  We desperately need the rain, so I'm thankful for this change in weather.  I feel better already.

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like torture to me!  Its nice to have company tho isn't it?  Linda

Anonymous said...

I know you are tired and hurting but I also know you are enjoying every minute of it. Hope you have a great day today. Send me a piece of chicken off that grill please. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW - a cookout at Mosie's!!!!!  I know the food's gotta be good.  Lemme see, got an overnight back, check, got a nightie, check, got a plane ticket - nope.  Oh well, I'll be there in spirit.

Have a great day my dear friend.  Say Hi to the family for me.

Wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great 4th of July you will be having Mo. Have a special day with your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

Another difference?  Today there'll be lots of help with dishes.  There will be too many kids there for you to stand at the sink.  And Kevin will run the grill...another bonus!

Anonymous said...

Take care to drink plenty of water in all that 'wilting' weather...glad it's a bit cooler. I know you are enjoying having your family around...'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy 4th Mosie and Cliff!  Have fun and be safe!  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Mosie! lol... wilting or not it sounds like a great time with all your company!!!  Have a safe and great holiday!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day with the family.  Drink LOTS of water!!  
Hugs to you and Cliff~~~Pamela

Anonymous said...

Have a great visit!

Anonymous said...

YOU NEED TO SIT FOR A SPELL MOSIE!
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!
ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY, LET SOMEONE ELSE TAKE OVER THE DISHES!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy and taken care of family and cooking so no wonder we don't have a Mosie.  We will see more of you when everyone is gone.  I truly hope the front is cooling you down by now?  I think we've got one coming thru TN tonight so hopefully it's already come by you.
Take care and Happy 4th.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

you have been a busy bee. All that cooking. Well today on the 4th enjoy the day and try to stay off your feet as much as you can.