Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I wish he wouldn't DO that!

Cliff thinks everything must be mowed that he has to look at, including some banks that are really too steep to mow.  What worries me most is that he could easily hit a sudden drop-off that's covered by the brush, and end up underneath the tractor.  All I can do, as always, is pray.  Oh, and I walk back and check on him a lot.

Sadie and I spent last night in the cabin; the weather was perfect for it, cool breezes rustling the treetops and all.  That's the only place Sadie gets to sleep with me, and she loves it.  She brought me a stick to throw, and fetched it again and again, until I got tired of throwing it.  I did my old routine of listening to Native American music CD's until we turned in, then I went to sleep listening to Mother Angelica and the nuns saying the Rosary.  I tell you, that's the most peaceful CD I own; I absolutely love it.  I wonder if Mother Angelica would mind a protestant using her CD to induce sleep.

Time to go check on Cliff again.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff+tractor=be careful
cabin+Sadie+cd+you=cool
tomatoes=I want some, toooooo

Anonymous said...

I think the good Mother would forgive you if she found it offensive.  
I don't blame you for being nervous about your husband.
the cabin sounds lovely.  I have had a wish for something similar for years.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Mother Angelica would be pleased you enjoyed the CD!  Sounds like a wonderful evening.  I too, wish Cliff wouldn't do that!

Anonymous said...

The Rosary is a beautiful prayer and I'm sure that Mother Angelica and our good Lord don't mind at all that it gives you peace.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

do you think you could send that tomato fairy a little south???? I would be so happy to have them make a call any evening!!!!  

Anonymous said...

those tomatos sure make my water ,i misshaving a garden since i moved into an apt ,,im so glad cliff is recovering so well

Anonymous said...

Mother Angelica would be thrilled.

And tell that Man to be careful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful evening you and Sadie had; I bet she enjoyed it :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!
Missie

Anonymous said...

That is dangerous, I have heard of accidents happening like that.  I would put my foot down..men are stuborn things sometimes.  CD sounds wonderful,.

Anonymous said...

gee I know Cliff can drive you crazy with worry, LOL. Men. I hope he's careful. Just keep checking. It sounds like you had a great time in the cabin.

Anonymous said...

LORD MOSIE,
YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ME WITH DANNY! I KNOW ONE THING...A WOMAN REALLY LOVES HER HUSBAND WHEN SHE THINKS ENOUGH OF HIM TO CHECK ON HIM LIKE YOU DO! I HOPE HE GETS SOME REST BEFORE HE HAS TO GO BACK TO WORK. THAT TAPE OF THE SISTERS SAYING THE ROSARY SOUNDS SO PEACEFUL....GLAD YOU GOT TO SPEND SOME TIME AT YOUR CABIN WITH SADIE!!! I KNOW SADIE LOVES IT IF SHE GETS TO SLEEP WITH MAMA!!!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

If I went to sleep listening to the Rosary, I'd probably have some nightmare where I go to Heaven and God is upset with about something.