Saturday, June 26, 2004

Since the traffic to my journal is picking up a bit, I wanted to post a picture of my husband's little collection.  The third one from the far end is the one he used as a workhorse for years, an Allis Chalmers D-17 series IV.  The little John Deere 4400 toward this end is the new workhorse, and uses a lot less gasoline (make that diesel).  Would you believe Cliff had the nerve to buy that on MY birthday last year?  I got even, though, when I made him buy me a horse for Christmas.  We love old tractors, and have gone to many antique tractor shows across the country.  My favorite ones are the Rollag, Minnesota show, and Old Thresher's Reunion at Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He would love my old one then. Here is a link to picture  http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/Mydayandthoughts/entries/658

We have a tractor show here every year. I will find out when for you if you like.
Celeste

Anonymous said...

Goodness.  Some guys collect cars, and your husband collects tractors!!!  I love it!  Hopefully he doesn't put you to work on them!