1. Cliff seems to be recovering nicely from surgery.
2. He is a pleasure to have around... not grumpy or demanding.
3. Cliff receives full pay for the first three months he's off work, then 80% of pay for the next three months after that. He should be able to return to work in five months, so our finances should do just fine, Good Lord willing.
4. We seem to be out of the drought now, having had three inches of rain in the last week.
5. I'm getting the guitar-playing callouses back on the fingertips of my left hand.
6. Our alfalfa crop looks great!
7. Our insurance paid most of Cliff's hospital and doctor bills: So far it looks like maybe we'll have to pay $1,000 or so out of pocket, which isn't bad at all.
8. I don't drive, and right now Cliff isn't allowed to; but we have loved ones who see to it we get where we need to go.
9. I can watch CSI every night at 6 PM.
10. If Cliff's going to be off work for five or six months, we might manage to get in a nice vacation toward the end of summer.