Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A series of events that happens daily

Nobody appreciated this cat until she had kittens, except for my granddaughter Natalie, whose cat she was, originally:  The rest of us considered her "not too bright", and a total pest, always underfoot, tripping somebody up.

But since she had kittens, I've developed a grudging admiration for her.  I don't know how she and Fudge, the other mother cat, decided which of them would be the one to let me know when they're out of food, but obviously Snowbelle is the designated gofer.

Not only is she a good little shopper, but she intends to protect all the kittens in the barn, even if it kills her.  I made the mistake of taking Sadie, on leash, into the barn with me twice.  Both mother cats came running at poor Sadie, hissing and growling.  There'll be no dogs in THEIR barn!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute cats!  Snowbelle is just beautiful.
Missie

Anonymous said...

What a smart cat and pretty too. I suppose the others chose her to get the food because she is different... maybe she gets hungry the fastest too. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Tiny needs food today too.  She barked Rick out yesterday and made him come in the house to see her empty bowl.  I was sick and didn't go to the store.  I have to go today!  Yesterday Tiny had to eat human food.  A grilled cheese sandwich.  I just gave her some bones until I can go to the store. LOL Barbara

Anonymous said...

She looks just like Sissy, who by the way has gone deaf.  She's 14 1/2 years old now so I'm not surprised.  I really have to watch her because she's the one who will dash between my feet when I open the outside door.  Not being able to hear outside would surely kill her.  

Anonymous said...

She is a very pretty cat and appears to be smarter that you thought she was. Me thinks you need to give some kitties away LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

Snowbelles a pretty name for a pretty cat.
I go though about 4 18# bags cat food a month including my personal snacks. One of these days, they're going on a diet.

Anonymous said...

lol poor sadie. That's so cute that the cats tell you when you need to feed them.

Anonymous said...

Many of your entries make me miss living on the farm -- but this one about Springtime litters of kittens just really does it supremely.  (!)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that Snowbelle!

Anonymous said...

Snowball looks like she is having a party, but forgot to tell the hostess! lol

Jackie

Anonymous said...

What a smart little cat!  Pretty kittens too....  Linda

Anonymous said...

It's when she starts leaving you a shopping list that you ought to worry.   Mrs. L