Sunday, May 7, 2006

pleasant day

I had some pieces of our last ham in the freezer, so I made pinto beans with ham this morning.  I didn't add any salt, but the ham gave it enough salty taste anyhow.  Would you believe this was the first meat, other than chicken or fish, that Cliff's had since he came home from the hospital?

We called my daughter and told her we had plenty of beans, so her family was here for much of the day; her husband, Kevin, used Cliff's shop to work on one of their cars.

I went for a long overdue horseback ride, and Blue performed like a champ, overweight and underused though he is.  When I got back, Arick posed on my horse for some pictures, and Natalie rode in the yard and drylot for awhile.

Cliff has been walking in the pasture at mid-morning every day, and Sadie and I have been going with him, letting him set the pace.  Later on, the dog and I go for a fast walk by ourselves.

When I told Cliff I was going for my "powerwalk" this afternoon, he said he was going for walk too (he'd taken one earlier), but that he wasn't going to try and keep up with me.  Then Natalie said she was going with her grandpa.  It was a little nippy, but the walk warmed us up.

I've been applying "Off" to my ankles, neck, waist and shoulders before I walk, but I'm still picking up at least one seed tick every day.  They're so tiny I can't see them, and Cliff has to put on his glasses and get them with a tweezer.  At least I've had no run-ins with deer ticks this year!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's always good to hear that Cliff is doing so well!!  I'm happy for you that you are slowly getting back to things you enjoy like your walking and riding Blue.  I'm beginning to think that camera is a natural part of your hand hahahaha!  love the photos, just teasing you..!

Anonymous said...

I hate ticks!!  I can't even look at them!  What's the difference between a seed tick and a dog tick??
Missie

Anonymous said...

sounds like cliff is doing good, Good for him that he's walking around.  I love all the pictures. I'm happy blue finally got to go for a ride.

Anonymous said...

Mo you take the best pictures. You all look like you are enjoying the family get together even Blue

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to go for a ride on Blue. Cliff is doing really good to be going on short walks. love the pictures. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Cliff has started walking! Wow what a difference a couple of weeks makes!
I bet Blue was happy to be riden again!  
You take the nicest pictures.  I love seeing pictures of your family.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Somebody is getting really skinny!  Great job Mosie!  You will be in that yellow poke a dot bikini by summer! Barbara

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great family-filled day. You've gotta love'em!
June

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are beginning to get to be "normal" for ya'll again.  I'm glad.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that Cliff is getting out and walking again!  All in good time, right?  You two will be back to normal in no time at all! :)

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful weather for a heart patient's walks.  Not too hot!  Those pictures make me ache for the country life.  My shirts are always crooked too.  I wear a two way radio...our business you know.