Sunday, May 28, 2006

So far, my horse is fine

When Cliff and I returned from our morning walk, a message had been left on our answering machine; it was Arick, saying he and my horse are fine, and they rode all day yesterday.  In 24 hours or so, I'll see Blue again!  (Oh yeah, and my grandson too.)

I've been surfing, looking for all sorts of heart bypass information, and also reading the booklets given to Cliff by the hospital and doctors.  Everything I've read says he can get back to fully normal life in 12 weeks, not the five or six months we were told by physicians.  Perhaps they give a longer time in case things aren't healing properly, so it won't be a disappointment if they have to keep you home that long.

We won't get our hopes too high, but hey... maybe Cliff will be on that motorcycle this summer after all!  He'll see the cardiology group a week from Tuesday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I hope they give him the shorter time..... sounds promising doesn't it... as for the horse and your Grandson it sounds like they are having a wonderful time .... thanks to you for sharing your precious horse. I know how hard it is to say no to a loved Grandson, Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am glad you heard from them and that they are doing fine. Bet Blue wonders what in the land is happening to him LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

If I can add a quite personal remembrance, one of the things we talked to the surgeon about when my husband was leaving the hospital was when we could resume our "relations".  The surgeon asked where our bedroom was and when he found it was on the 2nd floor, he reccommended we use the one on the ground floor for now and when my husband was comfortable climbing the stairs to our master bdrm then we could "resume". Needless to say, my husband was climbing the stairs quite soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope Cliff can get on his motorcycle this summer also.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Mixon was in hospital a week....home six weeks...went back to work part time for a month...and then was off gung ho LOL...and altho he did tire easily...it was no surprise...he rested during the day at work...and also in the evening no stress was put on him at home...so good luck...and God Bless..Hugs..Ora

Anonymous said...

Glad you heard from Blue!  I know you all are anxious to ride again.  Cliff will probably know when he's feeling up to it.  As long as he doesn't push himself.
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Good news on both topics.  I thought about Cliff today. Rolling Thunder is in town for the big ride and there were bikers all over the place.  There were about 15 of them where we went for lunch yesterday.  Made my heart beat faster :o) - there's something about a guy on a bike.  Prolly because my mother told me to NEVER get on a motorcycle or untold atrocities would happen to me.  Lookit me, I survived.  LOL

Have a great Memorial Day.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you can't wait to see Blue, he sounds like such a wonderful horse. I sure hope Cliff can get back on the cycle this summer. I'm happy that he is doing good. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have this really good feeling that Cliff is one of the many that will be able to get out and about sooner than most!  Look at him already! You can't keep a good man down, Donna.. and Cliff is one heck of a guy!!

With one heck of a woman standing right beside him!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I think they always give you the worst case scenario.
Marti