My little community... the Churches, the school, and individuals... are rallying around the cause and helping my neighbors in their trials. Someone even has a furnished house for them to stay in until they decide what to do.
I talked to Roxanna yesterday, and she said both she and Marvin awoke and sat straight up in bed at the same time and somehow realized the house was on fire. When she ran into her youngest daughter's bedroom, there were flames coming from the closet. So it was truly a close call. The kids wrapped up in blankets to run across the road to their aunt's house, so they escaped with no clothing... although of course the community is helping rapidly with that situation.
They were using a wood stove, but there are some indications the fire may have been caused by faulty wiring. They have insurance, although she said it isn't nearly enough; they'd totally remodeled the house about five years ago, and probably didn't upgrade their insurance accordingly.
I just wanted to keep everyone informed about this situation.