Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Because a reader asked...

One reader asked me if there was a way he could help my neighbor whose house burned, and his family (four children).  Please don't think I'm soliciting, because I know you all have needs near your own homes; but because it was requested, I'll post this one time. 

There is a fund set up at the bank, and if you'd like to contribute, here's the address:

B & L Bank
205 South 13th Street
Lexington, Missouri 64067

Checks should be made out to the Hammond family Relief Fund.

To read about the fire, if you haven't already, click HERE, HERE, and HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your journal, mostly, I think, because I have a lot of family ties to Missouri.  My father was born and raised in the Ozarks.  I was born in Louisiana, Mo ( I love to tell people that.  I live in Mississippi.  They think I have lost my mind).  I love the way Missouri "borrowed" so many names for their towns, such as.... Louisiana, Paris, Mexico, California, Glasgow, Cuba, Houston, Pacific and many more.  Every year I think I will make a trip back to Missouri and visit some of the towns I lived in as a child.... Troy, Bowling Green, Ellsberry.  Next summer I just will have to do that.