Wednesday, December 28, 2005

a walk to our back fenceline

 

Because I wasn't baby-sitting yesterday, and it was such a perfect winter day, once Cliff headed to work I went to the cabin and sat on the porch awhile.  As you can see, the path down toward the back of our place looked so inviting that I simply had to take another stroll.

I don't usually go all the way to our back fenceline because there's another 10- or 15-foot drop-off to get there; besides, it's often pretty soggy at that lowest spot on our place.  But this time, I felt like crossing the fence and standing on the railroad tracks (yeah, I'm 61, but the kid in me never grows up).

There's something exciting about being on a railroad track.  I've always loved to walk on them, measuring my steps from tie to tie.  Mandy seems to like it, too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you walked on the rails too.  What good is a railroad track if you can't try to balance on the rails.  I'm 62, be 63 in Jan. but if I had access to a railroad I would certainly do some rail walking.  I can still handle that height without falling and hurting myself.  Another pleasure of childhood not available to my grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

i love the photo of the path thru the woods!.. i dream in pictures like that.. i don't know what it is about me and loving woods/ forests so much..  I hope you enjoyed the walk as much as it looks like you did!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics and looks like a beautiful day also...glad you were able to enjoy it all to the fullest....what a wonderful way to close out a year....Hugs...Ora

Anonymous said...

You are so right!  The kid in us should never go away.  I'm a woods walker and a trail walker.  I love the tracks -- it is the rythm of walking the ties that gets me.  Nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is beautful
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Hey this looks like my back yard here in Texas!!! No joke, I will put a picture of it in my journal later today! Barbara

Anonymous said...

wonderful pics!   Nothing like taking a walk and checking out nature!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had quite a nice walk.  As usual, wonderful pics.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could walk down that path!  It looks so inviting!

Love the pic!

Miss you over at my journal.. haven't seen you in a while!  :)

Jackie