Cliff, me, and two grandchildren were eating our lunch of mashed potatoes, noodles and tomatoes when lightning struck so close and loud that we all yelped like wounded pups. The lights blinked briefly; I ordered the grandson to turn off the computer and we continued with our meal.
After lunch Cliff went back out to the shop and realized he didn't have any electricity. Upon checking things out, he found a blown fuse. Or I should say a blown-UP fuse.
Then he noticed something strange had happened to the tree in front of the shop. Oh, it seems to be undamaged. But a birdhouse one of the granddaughters built had been blasted to smithereens. We didn't have any high winds, so the lightning-strike had to have done it. And I wonder if any moles lost their lives when the lightning exited through their burrows.
Cliff just sold our Gold Wing on Craigslist. Can you believe it? I'm in shock.