Friday, August 17, 2007

Interesting ride this morning

The sky was cloudy when I got up this morning, so I set out an hour later than usual.  I knew there wouldn't be a pretty sunrise, but at least it wasn't quite as hot today.

As Blue and I crossed the railroad tracks, I noticed a train heading our way; since my horse loves to watch trains pass by, I turned around and waited, and got my first smile of the day:  The engineer, after doing the mandatory "toot-toot", then tooted me a greeting to the beat of "shave-and-a-haircut-six-bits".

I loved it!

Today was the third time I've encountered Cordie and Albert dumping their captured raccoons on the levee.  Trouble is, according to the conservation agent, you have to take them at least ten miles away or they'll come back home.  These folks are only about three miles from their house.

Cordie is one of the people who gave me permission, a couple years ago, to ride on their property by the river.

A few more pictures from this morning are found at my blogger entry.


Tags: ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool encounter with racoons!!!  I had no idea Blue likes to watch trains...

Anonymous said...

There is some kind of error in your journal that is preventing your pictures from showing. Probably AOL as usual. Or at least I can't see them. Yes you would think raccoons would find their way home in just a short distance. Helen

Anonymous said...

OOOps, it has come up now, never mind my comment. Helen

Anonymous said...

That was nice of Cordie.  Tell her we appreciated it very much.

Anonymous said...

Never saw a raccoon but, we had a 'possum living on our back porch a few years ago.  I named her Jennifer Love Possum!  LOL!