Several questions were asked in the comment section of the previous entry, so I'll try to address them all.
1. The cut starts about two inches below my left knee, and is less than two inches long.
2. Pain did not keep me awake last night at all; Cliff said he came to bed about ten minutes after I'd gone, and I was already zonked. I slept through until 4:30 this morning. I took nothing for pain, because I didn't feel the pain was that severe. I usually take aspirin for pain, but I knew it would cause more bleeding. Dr. G isn't really fond of Tylenol, although I'd take it if I needed to; he says it's hard on the liver.
3. Yes, they "froze" the area around the wound, so I felt nothing when the stitches were being done.
4. I'm limping a little today, and the nurse-practicioner suggested I skip taking my walks today and tomorrow, and take it easy; I've had lots worse pain than this, though.
5. Antibiotics were prescribed and I'm taking them for five days unless some problem arises... in which case I'll go ahead and take them another five days.
6. Anne, of course my shoes were white in the pictures. I wear my GOOD sneakers to the doctor's office. Besides, the left shoe of my old pair has blood on it.
Dr. G quizzed me about whether I'd had any numbness or strange sensations in my ankle and foot (I haven't); it seems there's a nerve that runs down the leg in the injured area that could have been damaged.