I got this idea from my friend, Toonguy. It's a sort of "counting my blessings" edition....
Ten things I love, in no particular order:
1. The outpouring of love and sympathy I see here in J-Land when one of us has a crisis.
2. Dogs. The memory of every special dog who's come and gone in my life, from Cookie, of my childhood, to Mandy. And the healing little tail-wagger who is right now curled up at my side, so close I can reach down and pet her.
3. Hearing Iris Dement sing. I only recently discovered her while listening to AOL radio's folk channel, but I can't get enough of her song-writing, and her singing. I especially like her duets with John Prine.
4. Babies. There is a notable lack of babies in my life right now, and if it weren't for the fact that Cliff and I want to be able to go places this summer and not be tied down, I'd be looking for an infant to babysit right now.
5. Our forty-plus acres. I love walking our woods and ditches, especially with an active dog at my side nosing and digging through the leaves, having an occasional bite of cow-poop, and running circles around me. (edited: I first typed 20 acres, for some reason. Maybe because our first little farmette was 20.)
7. Sleeping in my cabin.
8. praying for my friends.
9. Waking up in the morning.
10. Seeing a journal alert from any of my favorite people.