So cliche!! I know. But instead of asking what book, movie, album, food, lover etc. you'd want there with you on the sandy beach -- here's a few unique ( I hope) queries:
1. A memorable dream that you'd like to have every night: I used to often dream I was finding money; I'd start out finding small change like pennies or dimes, and by the time the dream ended, I was finding $50 bills. I'd wake up happy and excited at having extra spending money, then realize it was all a dream. Let's face it, any time you have a good dream, you're going to be disappointed once you wake up.
2. A pet from your past (no longer living) to keep you company: That would be Mandy, of course. I've lost many good pets in my life, but Mandy's death was so recent, I still hurt from it.
3. A bedtime snack you'd like available to you at 3 am every night: Cheerios, I suppose. Psssst, Russ, 3 AM isn't night, it's morning! I don't know if I ever ate anything at 3 AM in my entire life; but if I did, it was bound to be cereal.
4. Somebody you had a crush on in highschool (you may make them disappear at will): Well, I remember having a big crush on a boy named Allen. He had a twin brother named Dennis, and it took me forever to learn to tell them apart. But I don't know if I want him on the island with me; I never really got to know him, so we might be miserable together. Oh yeah, I have the option of making him disappear. OK.
5. A stuffed animal that you slept with as a kid. I don't remember sleeping with any stuffed animals, ever.