Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wednesday Diet report

I told Cliff yesterday it would be a miracle if I showed a weight loss this week; well, I got my miracle: one pound lost, so I'm now 168.5 pounds.

The reason I didn't expect to lose is that I've let my daily calorie count creep up little by little, until now I'm averaging about 2,200 calories a day.  Not many women can lose weight and eat that much.

Yes, I'm walking daily; but that burns less than 200 calories, so I'm still pretty high on calorie count.  I'm going to try and get back to under 2,000 a day.

Cliff, after gaining one pound last week, is now down to 252.5; that's 25 pounds lost since mid-December, and four pounds less than last week.  He's consuming at least as many calories as I am, although I don't keep track of his.  For breakfast and lunch, we have the same amounts of everything.  Since he works evenings, his lunch for work is different than my supper here at home.

His blood pressure today is 131/71. 

We still have one sick granddaughter, so we'll take our walks seperately, so Monica won't be left here alone.  The dog loves this, because she gets two long walks instead of one.  She also enjoys having a kid in the house all day.

So far we haven't gotten the flu; perhaps this year the flu vaccine targeted the proper strain!  Statistics say the flu shot is 80% affective, so I'm hoping this bug my daughter's whole family is fighting is in that range.  Every single member her family has now had it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you on your weight loss!  How terrific!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your and Cliffs weight loss. You both have done really well. Hope your other grandaughter soon feels better and also hope all your daughters family will soon get over being sick. Helen

Anonymous said...

I sure would be gaining weight if I ate that many calories... I have to go down to 1,200 to lose anything. :(  I really should exercise more. I bet that is the key. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

WTG on both of your weight loss. Its easy to let the calories creep up again; always a struggle (I'm trying to maintain a 35 pound weight loss from last year).

You are doing great!

betty

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but men seem to be able to lose weight easier than women!!! That stinks!!! lol....... You're doing great!!!! Hope you don't get the flu!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing great on your diets, I hate that men lose faster then woman, I swear. LOL.
http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/