Tuesday, June 6, 2006

conversation between my daughter and her girls

My daughter related this to me, and I figured my readers might enjoy it.

This morning she and the girls were having toast; Natalie asked her, "Couldn't you butter the bread first, then toast it?"

"No," Rachel told her.  "That could start a fire and burn our house down; then we'd have noplace to live."

"We could live with Grandma," Nattie suggested.

"No," Rachel said.  "Me and Mom get along fine, but we wouldn't if we lived together."

"I noticed you and Grandma don't talk much."

"We get along fine," Rachel answered.  "I mean, if she's on the computer I try not to bother her."

"Why?"  asked Monica.

Then Natalie came up with this jewel:  "You mean just like you don't bother a dog when it's eating?"

Geesh, I didn't know I was THAT bad.

16 comments:

  1. Grrrrrrrrr.......    
    Kids say the darn'est things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute ! Your little story sure gave me a chuckle  this morning.  I guess it's good I live by myself. My babes would probably say worse about me!  Glad your computer is still working !
    'On Ya' - ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL.... That is a gem I love it. I can relate.                    

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Too cute. True? nah Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL what a comparison.  Thanks for starting my morning with a smile and a laugh !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of the mouths of babes come "pearls of wisdom"    Now this entry was FUNNY. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!  tooo funny!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the mouths of babes.  How cute!!
    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the grandmonsters have YOUR number...

    wil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haaaaaa...ok, that made me choke on my coffee laughing....

    (although shhhhhhh....I used to butter my bread and then toast it when I was a kid....and then put more butter on it after it came out!  :)  It's a wonder I wasn't 200 lbs back then considering how much butter I ate!)

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. From mouths of babes come pearls of wisdom.

    ROFL ROFL ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so funny!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. heheheheh  rofl rofl rofl....awwwwww man....This was the funniest thing I have read today!!!! lol
    God bless children!
    love ya,
    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. hummmmmmm youmean you get grouchy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!  Are you snapping at your daughter when she bothers you on the computer Donna? lol

    Your granddaughters are too darn cute for their own good! lol

    Jackie

    PS  Thanks for the poems... I'm loving em'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL kids they are so cute.  Thanks for sharing this great story.

    ReplyDelete