Thursday, November 8, 2007

Our Sunday motorcycle ride

I took a lot more pictures than this during our Sunday ride, but half of them didn't turn out: when we ride with Pat and Charlene, we run about 70 miles per hour, which makes for some blurry pictures.  When Cliff and I are on our own on a scenic stretch of roadway, we go about fifty, as long as we aren't holding any traffic up behind us; even then, Cliff will often pull off the road and let people pass (or motion for them to pass us), so he can enjoy the view along with me.

I'm told the locals around St. Louis call this "the Alton Run".  It was one of the most memorable motorcycle rides we've had yet; you can bet we'll be doing it again sometime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have been busy!  Catching up on your entries and pics.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow you did have a ride.  The rivers are always a beautiful sight.  I've seen the Mississippi from a distance only (in an airplane).  I can't imagine trying to take a picture cruising along at 70 mph.  I'd be much too busy trying to hang on.  Glad you had a great time.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Boy that does look like a great ride.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful day for a ride and an interesting route too.

Anonymous said...

Wow - three big rivers at once - three bridges - ooops, someone (me) doesn't like bridges, but seeing all three at once does sound exciting! Glad you enjoyed it!

xoxo