Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Town



We saw many interesting sights in St. Charles, Missouri, a historic old town which butts up against the city of St. Louis.  On our brief cruise Saturday (the ride we took without a working battery on the motorcycle), we cruised through a planned city near St. Charles called New Town; I didn't have my camera with me, so I took no pictures.  Thank goodness I was able to swipe some photos off the Internet.


The houses and buildings had a nineteenth-century look about them, except they were brand new; some even reminded me of places in the French Quarter of New Orleans.  To see some street views, click HERE.  Charlene said she and Pat actually considered living in New Town for about twenty-four hours, so she had some information about the place garnered from the lady who showed them around.   There's more information HERE.



Googling my way around the Internet, Wikipedia informed me that there are many such developments around the world, but this was my first experience seeing such a thing.  

Next time, I'll have my camera.  I'd better hurry, though, because Charlene tells me it will eventually be a gated community.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

While pretty, I would have no desire at all to live there.  The houses are too cramped together and I bet there are lots of rules.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I myself would not like to live there. They are building some homes around our area that are close together like that. There woud be one advantage, not much grass to cut LOL. Guess it places like that it would be cut by some maintance Co. though. Helen

Anonymous said...

That is close living for sure, but if you have no desire for yard work your problem would be solved.  It often makes me wonder when I see those huge houses, how many people live in them.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Nope!  It's the country life for me...or at least as near to it as I can get!

Anonymous said...

That was so interesting!  Reading and looking at the pictures!  Thanks for sharing, Donna!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

altho I am a city girl...I have no desire to live in close confines of city living....a bit out of the way is best...country but close to what we need....but like you..St. Louis is a gret place to visit...but I would'n wanna live there...to each his own...glad you had and will have a great place to visit....hugs...Ora

Anonymous said...

That is very pretty..but I still wouldnt want to live so close together like that. I like my space! Very attractive houses though.

Anonymous said...

Planned communities are not rare any more - but it's a risk regarding if they will actually take off or not. Sure looks pretty :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

A beautiful place, but I still prefer the country.  Hollie

Anonymous said...

It's lovely and dare I add a bit 'too new'?