Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another cousin has passed away



Early this month, we rode the motorcycle to Sedalia and stopped by Cliff's cousin's place.  We knew his time was short, but I really didn't think it was this short.


That's his prize grandson with him.  I'm sure glad we went while we could.

I was standing by my window,
On one cold and cloudy day
When I saw that hearse come rolling
For to carry my mother away

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, lord, by and by
There’s a better home a-waiting
In the sky, lord, in the sky

I said to that undertaker
Undertaker please drive slow
For this lady you are carrying
Lord, I hate to see here go

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, lord, by and by
There’s a better home a-waiting
In the sky, lord, in the sky

Oh, I followed close behind her
Tried to hold up and be brave
But I could not hide my sorrow
When they laid her in the grave

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, lord, by and by
There’s a better home a-waiting
In the sky, lord, in the sky

I went back home, my home was lonesome
Missed my mother, she was gone
All of my brothers, sisters crying
What a home so sad and lone

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, lord, by and by
There’s a better home a-waiting
In the sky, lord, in the sky

We sang the songs of childhood
Hymns of faith that made us strong
Ones that mother maybelle taught us
Hear the angels sing along

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, lord, by and by
There’s a better home a-waiting
In the sky, lord, in the sky

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, lord, by and by
There’s a better home a-waiting
In the sky, lord, in the sky



Rest in peace, Kenneth.

Tags:

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry to hear about the lose of your cousin.  Losing a family member does hurt.  I will pray for you, and your family.  Remember, God loves you.  

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your loss. I am sure that grandson is going to miss him a lot. I remember that song. Helen

Anonymous said...

Please accept my condolences. My prayers are with all the family.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

How sad...I am so sorry for y'alls loss, seems we all lose someone around the holidays. We lost Ians mom Nov 28, six years ago...tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Kenneth...but glad you had this time with him just recently....God Bless...hugs...Ora

Anonymous said...

Thankfully you did get to see him when you did. That song is one of my favorites.
'On Ya' -ma

Anonymous said...

He was the one going to have a farewell party, right? Shame he didn't get the chance. I love that song too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss... Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad that you made that trip earlier.  Sorry for the loss.  

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Kenneth....I know that you both are glad that you went to see him.  Rmemeber the good times.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.  
Hugs,
Pat

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Mosie...but I too am glad that you and Cliff took that ride to see him.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to go see him.  It looks like he was a very much beloved grandfather, and that young man is going to be so glad he had that time with his grandpa.  
Lori

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of this.  These are nice memories here.  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that you were able to see him.

xoxo