In regard to my last two entries, I want to share the content of an email I received from a message-board friend:
Explaining motorcycling to a non rider is almost impossible. Is it the wind
rushing past, the not dragging 2 tons of iron with you everywhere you go,the
openness of visibility, the"dancing-like" rhythm of man and machine thru a
section of winding roadway, the oneness of human and machine blending into
something higher, that little bit of scariness and adrenaline brought on by
knowing that potential danger exists? Hard to explain,but many hardcore
bikers refer to other vehicles as"Cages" and no living thing likes being
caged, preferring freedom overall, even with its inherent dangers. Like an
eagle must soar, or a wild horse runs, a biker "needs" to ride the wind.
And on a lighter note, a bit of frivolity that the same guy, posted on a forum... (redneck jokes I hadn't heard before).
You Might Be a Redneck If...
* Your standard of living improves when you go camping.
* Your prenuptial agreement mentions chickens.
* You have jacked up your home to look for a dog.
* Your neighbour has ever asked to borrow a quart of beer.
* There is a belch on your answering machine greeting.
* You have rebuilt a carburettor while sitting on the commode.
* None of the tires on your van are the same size.
* You hold the hood of the car with your head while you work on it.
* Your town put the new garbage truck in the Christmas parade.
* Your local beauty salon also fixes cars.
* Your doghouse and your living room have the same shag carpet.
* You've ever slow danced in the Waffle House.
* Starting your car involves popping the hood.
* Your garbage man is confused about what goes and what stays.
* You whistle at women in church.
* You actually wear shoes your dog brought home.
* You've been in a fist fight at a yard sale.
* You carry a fly swatter in the front seat of the car so you can reach the kids in the back seat.
* The three little words you say to your wife are GIMME A BEER.
* Your grandmother has ever been kicked out of Bingo Night because of her language.
* You win the lottery and buy a NEW doublewide to live in.
* You think a quarterback is a refund.
* You were born on a pool table
Thanks for the input and the smiles, Joe!