Sunday, September 9, 2007

A report on our "new" motorcycle

We couldn't go for a real ride this weekend because we don't have insurance or license on this bike.  Cliff took a couple of short test-rides, and he and I went for a ten-minute ride together, just to see what she felt like.

It's totally different than the 1996 Gold Wing we sold.  We knew it would be.  The seat isn't as comfortable; it's a noisier ride.  Cliff says it handles completely different... more like a real motorcycle, whereas our other one seemed like a two-wheeled car.

But we like it.  Both of us have this silly mind-set that says it's fascinating to try and make something old run like  new.

Cliff has been all over this Gold Wing with a fine-tooth comb.  There's no rust underneath, which, we were told, could be dangerous. 

I won't go into detail about our latest plans.  If everything pans out for next weekend, things could get interesting.  And of course I'll share the details, with pictures.

That's your motorcycle update for now. 

Any suggestions on what to name a maroon, 1982 Honda Gold Wing?

Cliff and I have come up with "Ruby" and "Rosie".  And I think we're going to have "Yesterday's Wine" etched on the windshield, since that was a country hit in 1982... the year this motorcycle was built.  Just imagine Cliff and me saying these words to our old classic Gold Wing:

Miracles appear in the strangest of places:
Fancy me finding you here.
The last time I saw you was just out of Houston.
Let me sit down, let me buy you a beer.

Your presence is welcome with me and my friend here;
This is a hangout of mine.
We come here quite often and listen to music
And to taste yesterday's wine.

Yesterday's wine, yesterday's wine:
Aging with time, like yesterday's wine.
Yesterday's wine, yesterday's wine
We're aging with time, like yesterday's wine

You give the appearance of one widely traveled
Lord I'll bet you've seen things in your time

Come sit down here with us and tell us your story
If its true you'll like yesterday's wine.

Yesterday's wine, yesterday's wine
Aging with time, like yesterday's wine.
Yesterday's wine, yesterday's wine
We're aging with time, like yesterday's wine

If we get enough suggestions for names, I'll have a poll and you can vote on the name.  But of course, Cliff and I will do what we want to do.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Red

Anonymous said...

....to finish the entry....

Hope you always have safe travels :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I like "Ruby".  Rosie reminds me of O'Donnell !  H

Anonymous said...

I already know I like Ruby. Paula

Anonymous said...

I'll be looking forward to finding out just what you planned ...sounds interesting, of course I never had any doubt in my mind that you would do just what you want anyway...'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Yesterdays wine...that is too cool...I like Ruby also.

Anonymous said...

How about "Roony", just a thought, must be my Irish comin' out.  Vicki

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your new adventures

Anonymous said...

I can't even name a dog very well - they have to name themselves :-)

I am sure you will find the perfect name!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm not known for my naming abilities, so I'll pass and just have fun with a voting poll if you get enough suggestions!  I'm pretty sure though that you and Cliff will know exactly what to name that girl!

Anonymous said...

You need help!  LOL!