Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm in the mood for many entries today

Once I found out the grandson wasn't on cocaine, Sadie and I went to the cabin for the night.



I set up my lounge chair and read a few chapters of a Harlan Coben book (my new favorite author).  Sadie kept insisting I play Frisbee, so I finally forced her on the lounge with me.  She seemed relaxed, but still got down as soon as I allowed it.  Notice her paw is on the Frisbee so I can't grab it from her.



The cabin isn't a good place to view the sunset; too many trees blocking the view.  Sadie and I even went back on the point to no avail.



That's OK, we can always see a pretty sunset from our yard. 

Today, I'm freezing some corn from the garden.  Cliff did three different plantings so it wouldn't all be ready at once, but it's still far more than the two of us can eat.  The tomatoes are coming on, too.  But the vines are getting blight at the bottom, and some of the tomatoes have spots on them.  They taste good, so we'll enjoy them while they last.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for fresh corn on the cob here!!! Nothing yet though.
June

Anonymous said...

amazing how in different areas of the country, gardens are so far along...we just have little green tomatoes , so far
Becky

Anonymous said...

Your corn looks GREAT! The tomatoes do taste good right from your own yard. I have already had to battle the tomato horn worms! GRRRR! Got into all the ones ripening except two. Ians squash and cucs are just going crazy...I would love to trade you some for that corn!

Anonymous said...

Yumm...nothing like fresh corn and tomatoes straight from the garden!  The corn looks great, and the tomatoes look sweet and juicy!

jackie

Anonymous said...

I wish we could grow our own veggies...without actually having to cultivate, or plant, or tend to a garden. LOL! I do NOT have a green thumb.  Loved the cow video, by the way! And still giggling over the headache powder. I know when you first found the packet it wasn't funny in the least...but hopefully you can laugh about it now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

OH man I love home grown veggies!  Sadie looks so happy sitting there with you!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh corn.  Corn chowder, corn pudding, cornbread and beans, corn salsa, I could go on all day.  Doggone I wish I lived closer.

:o)

Anonymous said...

Ahh..pretty! Both, that is, Sadie and the sunset! LOL ~Diane~  http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea/

Anonymous said...

The cabin sounds nice.  Good veggies!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love where you live
Donna In TEXAs

Anonymous said...

I just bought 100 ears of corn...50 yellow and 50 silver queen...Paid $20.00 for it and that was a bargain! The white was sooooooo much sweeter than the yellow! I cut some off and also froze some on the cobs...We had some for supper last night....I love it with sliced tomatoes! oooooooh it was sooooooooo good Mosie!
Sadie is so pretty Mosie...I know she keeps you lots of company. Did ANNIE ever come back?
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Sadie looks alot like my cutie, Sassy.

Anonymous said...

I recognized the BC package, I was going to e-mail you, but before I had a chance I saw the entry that explained it.... Kids, you have to worry even when they are good kids!  Your garden stuff looks sooo good, I wish I had a good place to grow a few things <sigh>

Anonymous said...

You haven't lived until I make you a Jersey tomato sandwich!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out the recipe in the Pioneer Woman Cooks! journal today. It looks yummy...not good for the diet though. I thought of you when I saw the entry knowing that you have an abundance of corn right now.
June