Wednesday, May 23, 2007

School's out, a morning walk, renewing driver's license, and other short stories

We had plenty of company on our walk this morning, since yesterday was the last day of school.  As we headed out to the pasture, here's what I saw ahead of me:


Looking back, I saw this troop following:



Monica dropped back and walked at my left side, talking away, as Cliff, Nattie and the dogs went ahead.


You see Monica ahead with Cliff in this picture, but it was about at this point that she dropped out.


The horses stopped at the breakfast buffet.


"Tomorrow I'm wearing my cap," Cliff said, as he swatted at flies and mosquitoes buzzing around his head.


I don't drive, but I do have a non-driver's license.  It's time to renew it.  Should be a simple thing, right? 

Oh  no, I have to have:  1.  my birth certificate 2.  my marriage license 3.  proof of residence.

We went yesterday with all these in hand, but they didn't want the particular birth certificate I produced; it wasn't official (who knew?).  So back home, I got on the phone, called the great state of Iowa, and ordered a new one.  *sigh*

I see Cliff's little guest entry drew a lot of comments; maybe I should do that once a week?  The only thing is, I'd have to catch him unaware.  Otherwise he'd be speechless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great and tell a good story. I bet that you don't have to put the lease on Sadie as much since Annie is around because she will not stray very far away from you. I have never heard of a non drivers license. Cliff's comments did make a good entry. Helen

Anonymous said...

What's a non drivers license?!

I love how green everything is on your property...

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I for one, would have liked to have been with you all on that morning walk.  How cute that horses followed.  I guess you need that ID just in case.  You may never drive, but plenty want a ID.  'On Ya'  - ma

Anonymous said...

Nice energizing and relaxing morning walk.  I like your camera perspective!

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten any alerts from you for over a week.  So I went to "my favorites", and saw where I have missed a week of your wonderful journals.  I reset my alerts, so hopefully I will start getting them again.  You never know what AOL is going to do next..lol  I hope you and your family have a great day.
Hugs,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Mo, watch out for the ticks........they are really bad this year.  Mosquitoes with the nile virus too.   Think of the fun you and Cliff can have doing a tick check.   Anne

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so green and lush...I like how everybody went for a walk, even the horses. :) Nice shots.

Anonymous said...

Love the captions on the beautiful pictures.  Everything is so green and lush and I just want to spend an entire day with your horses.  It's a shame they take you away from the horses to go renew your driver's license.  I am dreading doing our renewal of plates and licenses also.  We have to get on that soon.  We were supposed to renew right away when we got to Kentucky (God's country and horse farms galore over here ya know) but we just renewed in Florida about a month before we left and ya know how expensive it all is.  I'm going to see if I can get my money's worth before we go in and buy new plates and all.  Hugs,
Lisa