Sunday, April 29, 2007

People to whom I'm related

My cousin Pauline is working on the family genealogy of her dad and my mom:  The Stevens family.  Although when you go far enough back, it's spelled Stephens.  She's managed to trace us back to the 1400's in England.  So finally I know one of my countries of origin. 

I don't have the patience to pursue the family tree stuff, but I'm glad Pauline does.  And now, without further ado, I'd like you to know some of the famous people I'm related to:

Lucille Ball, Oliver and William Winchester (of the gun company), Edward Winslow (a Mayflower passenger... I'm a blue blood!), Samuel Adams, Henry David Thoreau, John Hancock, Louisa May Alcott, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Julia Child, Robert Frost (I'm especially proud of that one), Emily Dickenson (that one too), Gregory Peck

and...

Are you ready for this?


Toonguy, don't look now....


Really, don't.  You'll be sorry.


Go back while you still can...



I'm related to George Walker Bush!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that she's doing that.  Fun to learn your family history.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Good grief we have a famous person blogging here LOL. That is pretty neat. Helen

Anonymous said...

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!  You are shoo-in for the D.A.R. now!

(weeping)

Russ

Anonymous said...

I wish someone in our family would do that.  Do you think it is expensive?  

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with Lucille Ball. lol I can never set myself still enough to dig into family trees. John's daughter was spending a lot of time on the internet and visiting cemetaries. Guess she came to a roadblock or got bored with it. Paula

Anonymous said...

Since we homeschool, I'm going to make that a project when my kids are older.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Well, now you know that poetry came down through the generations to you!!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

ROFLM .... OFF!  The Mayflower connection is a BIG DEAL here in Mass.  And Robert Frost too.  I just read the poems submitted to the anual Robert Frost Poetry Contest in our local paper.  Some weren't quite so ... good.  But some were!

I have a cousin who also works on the family geneology ... I don't have the patience for it either and like you, I'm glad she does.  I'm also glad she shares.  :)

Anonymous said...

OMG MOSIE DON'T TELL ME LOL ARE YOU REALLY YOU POOR THING LOL :0((( SORRY TO SAY IT BUT I JUST DID :0(((((                          MARIA

Anonymous said...

wow....what a heritage....lots to live up to????? LOL...naaaa....stay like you are....that's who I like best...Hugs from KY....Ora

Anonymous said...

It was ok until the end!... I never would have admitted that! LOL LOL

Anonymous said...

OH GOOD GRIEF!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my condolences on the Bush connection, but I am glad that there is at least one good Bush out there!

Did you see the poem Spring Prayer by Robert Frost I posted a few entries ago?  I named my foal "Runaway" after the poem he wrote about a foal in the first snow...

Come visit our daily blog at http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/ to share our lives!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!  Aren't you glad you have a cousin who did all that research!  Well, except for the Bush part. lol
Lori