Monday, April 2, 2007

Another nice day

Cliff loves to go to Scott's Bargain Barn.  He could spend hours there, browsing.  I generally have a Reader's Digest in my purse, and stay outside reading; sadly, it wasn't in my purse today.  Actually, Cliff didn't browse long anyway. 

We stopped by "Horseplay" right up the road from Scott's and bought a snaffle bit for Libby.  Tractor Supply, Feldman's, and Orschelns only had fancy snaffles for $59.  Geesh.  For a bit!  We got one today for $7.  The proprieter recognizes us now when we come in wearing our leathers, and usually makes a remark like, "Here come the Hell's Angels."

Cliff offered to take me out to eat, but I declined (much to his surprise).  Tomorrow we'll get our sodium fix at Subway, and I figured it would be best to eat healthy stuff at home today. 

Cliff weighed this morning and said, "These scales are having another one of their fits."

That's what he always says when he loses a pound or two.  He just can't accept that he is able to eat spaghetti, roast and mashed potatoes, even biscuits and gravy once this week... and still lose weight.  Helloooo!  It's called portion control.  (I fill his plate for him.)  Anyhow, he was 206 this morning, and his ultimate goal has been 200.  He's lost 70 pounds in the last two years.  No wonder everybody calls him "skinny". 

*I first said he'd lost 80,  but I realized that was wrong and corrected it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cliff!

LORI

Anonymous said...

LOL on the "Hells Angels."  I got a kick out of that!  Cliff does look skinny to me. He's lost a lot of weight! Especially since his heart surgery. Good job Mosie!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that I enjoyed the pictures of those old homes.  I've always wanted to own one and make it a B&B.

Anonymous said...

Cliff looks so slim and trim that I would have thought he was way under 200 lbs. 80 pounds is an awful lot to loose in that short time.  Is that too fast??? I'm still gaining , not loosing.  My will power and the things I eat are way off kilter. Hopefully with the nicer weather, I'll soon get more exercise.  I love the old homes and the GREEN everywhere.  We are finally greening up here too !  
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THOS ANTIBELLUM HOMES....MADISON GA IS NEAR HERE AND THEY HAVE SOME PRETTY ONES TOO.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

"Hell's Angels"...heh heh.  If the proprieter only knew!

Russ

Anonymous said...

You have such cool stores in your area!  I do that too,......figure out how to enjoy the boring times.  Smart shopping always excites me.