Friday, February 16, 2007

recipes that look good

I recently steered my readers to Ree's "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman".  I'm sure one or two of you got "hooked" on her wonderful writing. 

She's killing me with some of her recipes.  She takes pictures to illustrate each step of a recipe, and it leaves me drooling on my keyboard.  Trouble is, the stuff she's creating are pretty much off limits around here.

The Best Lasagna Ever, for instance.

And The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever.

Don't forget her Cinnamon Rolls.  I have a great roll recipe, but I'm tempted to try this one some time.

My grandson Arick will be here this weekend breaking a horse for some guy; maybe I should plan a meal at some point tomorrow and feed the family.  It's been awhile since I've done that.  I have a roast in the freezer I could cook, and I think I have all the ingredients for that sheet cake.

I'll think about it.

Tags: ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be there in 12 hours! She makes me hungry too! You make me hungry!
BTW Cliff does not look so bad at all! The steaks looked good!

Anonymous said...

these recipes look so good...licking her chops LOLOL...but think I will pass....pass them onto someone else to enjoy...LOLOL...Hugs...Ora   PS...Hubby wants to know when dinner is served?????  hahaha

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have me hooked now on Pioneer Woman... I've been trying to not add too many new blogs to my Bloglines, but she's DEFINITELY a keeper! I love her photos, and it makes me wish for a herd of mustangs <g>.

And the food??? I have to wear a bib too check out her blog these days <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind/
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yes, you got me hooked on Ree also.  Don't go see Marie's musings.  She is usually linked in my comments.  She is a cook for a manor house in England and she tells great stories and always has a recipe complete with beautiful picture.  I just love her.  But she is killing my waistline!!!
Traci

Anonymous said...

she ahs become my favorite blog to read!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

You also got me hooked on her blog. I made the Best Ever Lasagna for my family on Valentine's Day. My picky 10 yr. old son thought is was the best he has ever had! He even confessed that he wasn't just "sucking up" to me, he was telling the truth (you've got to just love the kid's honestly!)! LOL. Didn't try the sheet cake yet, but after that lasagna recipe I definately will! Thanks for letting me know about her blog, you are the best!
June

Anonymous said...

I would love to have lasagna soon.  Sounds like a blog worth reading. Thanks for sharing.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I don't even want to know about those cinnamon rolls!

xoxo