Monday, January 22, 2007

You asked for it, Judy



I was asked in a comment where the Missouri River is, in relation to my house. 

The yellowish dot is where I live.  The red dots mark the roads where I turn to go to the river.  Often, I'll ride down on one road and back on the other.

I also cross the highway and ride south quite often.  I live in an ideal area for horseback riding! 

The elevation at our house is 864; at the highest spot in the pasture, it's 880; and at the railroad track, it's 751.  So if you walk from the highest elevation to the lowest, you get quite a workout. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that river is bigger than I thought.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow! how cool. Your lucky to live near the MO river, its beautiful.

The Arkansas River is about 25 miles from me.

The last time I was in St. Louis (May06) we went on another tourist expedition to the Arch and then we rode a riverboat tour on the Mississippi. MO is a gorgeous state

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful. You are so close! Some years ago at a different spot, I dipped my bicycle tire in the Missouri and rode that bike scross Iowa to the Missippi.  The ride was called the RAGBRAI. Lots of fun/good food.  Blessings, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere
http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the amazing picture.  The river is really wide, isn't it.  Yep .. you are a lucky lady alright, able to saddle up Blue and ride all over that beautiful coutryside (when the weather cooperates of course).  I enjoy seeing all the geometric patterns the crops have made on the river bottom land.   Judy

Anonymous said...

Great picture and very interesting!

Anonymous said...

This is just plain cool!
Sam