Sunday, January 14, 2007

What a day

We are truly house-bound today, as a result of the inclement weather.  Church was cancelled this morning. 

Grandson Arick was here with his latest new dog, and I'm hoping he made it back home safely.  I've seen very few vehicles on the highway, as I look out my window.  It's been sleeting off and on for hours, until the yard is a sheet of ice... and yet, there's not been enough freezing rain to build up on power lines and cause problems.

Sadie is stir-crazy, but has finally resigned herself to her fate and is curled up in her bed.

Cliff, being a football fan, is doing just dandy, thank you very much.

We had taco soup for lunch (thanks Sonya) and will have warmed-over spaghetti for supper.  I'm sure I haven't lost any weight today.  Does anyone know how many calories per hour one burns while surfing the 'Net?

Oh, I did work on toughening up my guitar-playing callouses:  I sang "Choices", "Jesus, Lover of my Soul" (there's something awesome about singing a song written in the 1700's), "We Could",  "Fraulein",  and "If  Teardrops Were Pennies".  Cliff, who is tone-deaf, thinks I'm in good voice.  The truth is, I still have a scratchy throat, and a cough from my recent cold. 

I tried to get started reading a book, decided I'm not crazy about that one, and dug out another.

And so it goes.  I certainly am enjoying AOL radio, the folk channel.  It's a good day for music.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw on the news how bad it was in Missouri, lots of people don't have any power. If you still have yours , you are fortunate!  Take good care on that ice.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

That really is a shut in day there while the weather was warm and beautiful here. More cloudy today than yesterday. Rain is moving in though and the high for Wed will be 47 then back to the 50's for several days. I know that sounds warm since it is so cold where you live. Helen

Anonymous said...

I've been told you can burn 30 calories clapping.  :)

Anonymous said...

"Jesus, Lover of My Soul" is one of my favorites.  Beautiful song.

Anonymous said...

Mosie...it would be great to be housebound with you and your Gibson...singing....wow...I usually find when I am in that situation...do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do...like clean a closet...or go up stairs and check out your treasures...that I know you have stored up there LOL...or maybe it is too cold....sighing heavily...well I tried...anyway...hang tough...Cliff the football games have been really great.....but I hate that the Saints and the Bears play next week....they are both favorite teams of mine...LOL.hugs from KY....where the temps are 60 degrees and wet.....

Anonymous said...

We've got 30 and rain in San Antonio, but it still feels nice out.  I kept hoping for a little snow though...Adrian's never seen it before....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

The weathermen are trying to conjure up snow and sleet here in south texas. Paula

Anonymous said...

It's been in the 30's at night and low 50's in the day here in So Cal. Surprisingly cold here.  No ice, of course.  Up in the mountains, 2 hours drive away, the snow is abundant, though.
It sounds like you had a nice quiet day and the only restless one was Sadie.  You can make it up to her on a better day.
Enjoy your evening.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if that cold artic freeze had reached yall yet! Stay warm, stay safe...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I went outside here in Mid-MO this afternoon. It was slick as snot on the driveway. Had to dig my heels into the ice in order to walk. Cleared the car and warmed it up, but don't know if it will do anygood for the bad stuff is coming tonight with low temps and all.

Gosh, I just love winter!

Anonymous said...

Now I feel real guilty about our 70 degree day.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's pretty darn cold out here in Cali too!  Down in the 20's at night, and in the 40's during the day.  Highly unusual weather for us.  Wish it would rain though.  We could use it.  It's cold, but, oh so dry!  We keep having fires, because it's cold and windy and so dry that they just start and then spread like....well.. like wildfire.

Won't be long now, Donna.  Spring is right around the corner!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I didn't even THINK about venturing outside today (Sunday).  When there is no traffic on Metcalf at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon -- you know it's bad.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Cliff getting to watch football undisturbed?  You getting to read, surf the net and play guitar?  Sounds like an ideal way to spend a Sunday.  I'm sorry you did not get to go to church, though.  I know that is important to you.  Thanks for the links to the lyrics site, I've added it to my list of net music sources now.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Cliff and I have simular interest and I would consider it an honor to meet him some day. I guess the exception would be his love for cold weather. It was about 75-80 here in Orlando area yeaterday.
Sparrborn-Vernon

Anonymous said...

I need to try Sonya's recipe.  I made a different one last week and I didn't care for it.
Traci