Tuesday, January 23, 2007

getting back to normal routine

The snow and ice is melting a little more each day.   We  walked along the highway again (that's two days in a row), and I've been idle long enough that I realized I have shin splints.  It doesn't take long to get soft.

Cliff was brave enough to take the Mercury down the driveway, and we didn't slide.   We  went to Sam's  Club, mainly to buy the  Simply Naked Pita  Chips we've learned to love:  we can get a six-ounce bag at  Price Chopper for  over  $3,  or we can buy a 22 oz  bag at Sam's Club for under $5.  No brainer, huh?  I bought four bags!  We don't get to Sam's that often.

We split a foot-long Subway meatball sub (Hooray for Tuesday is still going on), and then decided to go by a McDonald's for an ice cream cone.  Now those are supposed to be 150 calories, right?  But they stacked about a pint of ice cream on each cone.  This happened at the same McDonald's another time, but we just thought it was a fluke, a one-time thing.  Seriously, that ice cream was heaped at least six inches high.

So there we were, going down the highway and doing a lot of fast licking, trying to eat all that ice cream before it melted or, even worse, slumped over onto our laps.  I was full before I got halfway to the cone.  So did I toss the rest?

Nope.  I wanted to, but I'd have had to toss it out the window.  If there'd been a trash can handy, I'd have thrown it away.  Honest!!!

Anyway, we agreed that if we go to that particular McDonald's again, we'll ask them not to make big cones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys were able to get out for a bit.  Gets tiring being cooped up inside.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

get thbe sundae without the stuff on it

Anonymous said...

Gonna check out those chips tomorrow LOL...hope our Sams has them.....Hugs from KY...Ora

Anonymous said...

I've not had those pita chips - I'll have to check them out. You always have good tips on things that are good for a person.  'On Ya' - ma