Sunday, December 10, 2006

Finally, a ride

With all the recent snow and bitter cold weather, I hadn't ridden in about ten days.  There's a strong wind out of the south that isn't very pleasant today, but once I was down on the bottoms, the bluffs kept the wind at bay; in fact, I forgot how windy it was until I topped the hill you see in that last picture.  The fields were pretty mushy, and that made Blue work hard.  But I think he was glad to get out and about.

I'm not abandoning this journal; I simply intend to split my entries between here and Blogger.  You'll find the Blogger link in the upper left-hand corner where it says, "My newest blogging home".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet that frest air was invigorating. Looks like a good bit of snow left. Helen

Anonymous said...

It is about the same here...snow melting up to almost 50 today!  I've been in the house though, only got out when I went to church.  The scenery there is just beautiful.  Glad you got out !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

You know Mo........it's always been a secret dream of mine to ride on a motorcycle. I KNOW you are having a great time!   Anne

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and glad you got a chance to get out and ride old Blue! :)  I know how much you enjoy that!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

OK...so this brought tears to my eyes.....I could almost feel the bite of the icy air and the invigorating surge of blood through my body to keep me warm.  The slight sting of cold toes and I imagine the warmth of Blue's body.  BTW, I found the cabin in the first picture before you showed us.  I think I could find it with my eyes shut because you're living my dream life.
http://journals.aol.com/magran42/FazeDaze/  

Anonymous said...

pretty place,. thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ride!!  
Pam