Cliff did rake the alfalfa Wednesday, and it did rain about 1/10 of an inch Wednesday night, preventing us from baling it yesterday. The hay, at this point, can probably be salvaged. He plans to rake it again so that the wet part on the bottom will be on top and have a chance to dry. Once dry, it can be baled.
As always, his problem is that he has a job, and leaves here at 2:30 PM. This is usually about the time of day that hay is ready to bale. We found out he does have a couple more days he can take off without notice, at work. So he has that option if he must, although he hates to leave them stranded at end-of-month, their busiest time.
We are strongly considering riding the motorcycle to the Branson area this weekend, but haven't decided 100% on this.
My friend Lona, who I mentioned in a previous entry, still needs all the prayers she can get. She had a portion of her colon removed; also, her only kidney is not doing its job as it should.