Friday, August 4, 2006

Too much heat!

Cliff and I love our hot stuff. 

We had some great turkey frame soup for lunch today, and both of us add hot stuff to our soups and stews, always.

Trouble is that lately, I'd been using Tobasco, or Lousianna Hot Sauce.  Both of those have tiny openings at the top, so you shake them a lot to get enough to really count.

Today I decided to use the one on the left, the one our favorite Mexican place has on the tables... my personal favorite.  The one that has a larger opening.  Yeah, I shook it WAY too hard, accustomed to the small openings on the others.

I was able to finish my soup, but there were a lot of tears, a lot of nose-blowing, and much red-faced drinking of iced tea, trying to quench the fire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gurlee, I love it too!!!!!! Have to have my Pace & Jalepenos!!!
Mosie, did you see my entry today? I would love to have a pic of Mandy & hte date she passed for the Memorial. I already have her entered from the info I have in my journal about her.
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

Well, some hot food for a hot day.  I've accidentally put too much sauce in myself - at times.  It hurts.  What gets me though is horseradish.  I find that I end up getting too much and it really sends fumes up your nose.  LOL

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HOT SAUCE ON PORK CHOPS! BUT I CAN NOT TAKE TABASCO!!
LOVE ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

You sound like my husband.  He used to order hot wings and eat them to the point of tears.  His favorite is Dave's ultimate insanity sauce (horrid in my opinion).  I like Tabasco but that's about it.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Suppposed to be good for you, but I can only stand so much.  Don't care much for the tears, nose-blowing and red face.   Love the iced tea, though.

Anonymous said...

LOL!  Habenero chiles are the hottest there are!  Hotter than Jalepenos!  A good friend of mine grows them in his garden and makes salsa for me.  And it is HOT! So good though... yum!  So good!  I love salsa too, the HOTTER the better!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

lol funny. Well maybe not at the time. I'm a wimp. I don't like hot stuff. Except hot guys maybe. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! I cant handle HOT! stuff
Terrie