Saturday, August 19, 2006

Remember the Mother's Day filly?

Our neighbor, David, pastures his horse Snickers here.  Some of you may recall how I went out to the pasture the week before Mother's Day and found a Snickers had give birth to a foal, a filly.  Look at the pictures on that link, then at these taken today, and you'll see that her color has changed.  Now she's a bay, like my Blue.

Nobody ever messes with that baby, but she hangs out with Blue a lot, and evidently she has picked up a calm nature from him; she isn't afraid of people at all.  I can put my arm around her neck and hug her, and she loves it.  She'll let me handle her feet and legs.  Today she really wanted to follow me on my walk, but changed her mind when she could no longer see the other horses.

Darn it, I think I've gotten attached to somebody else's baby.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What  a sweetie.  I love bays.  She is kind of unique with her dark dorsal stripe down her back.
Traci

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful baby!!  Absolutely gorgeous!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful thing. I somehow missed the original entry on her birth. She has really grown. That is a cute pic where she realized the other horses were not along with her. Thanks for sharing. Helen

Anonymous said...

Adam, told me last week that Jessica and him have been messing the the baby.

Anonymous said...

She has certainly grown.
Missie

Anonymous said...

There is nothing cuter and more fun than a baby horse! She is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She very beautiful! And she has grown
Terrie

Anonymous said...

She has grown and is beautiful......and smart.  Blue is THE one to hang out with.

Anonymous said...

Still so sweet and well, getting pretty large!  

Anonymous said...

I like her Wild Horse Stripe! It would be hard not to bond with her.
Tess

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful little filly!!  She just got right up in your camera didn't she?? lol

Hugs,
Jackie